- KM is now part of the Kyle Bourgault Band, playing contemporary country on pedal steel, mandolin and banjo
- New CD: No Outlet - soon available at CD BABY and FOOLS HILL MUSIC
- Lost Beard Dobro recovered!!
Back in 2001 I was playing in downtown Buffalo NY with the great Michael Hurley when, through a dumb mistake on my part, my car was stolen. In the trunk was an almost new Beard dobro guitar that they had recently made just for me. It was a distinctive dark blue with the coverplate, screens, tuners and tailpiece all anodized black - the only one Beard ever made like that.
I considered it gone forever. Well.….a few months ago I got a phone call from Andy from the band RAILROAD EARTH. He had just purchased this guitar from a pawn shop in Buffalo, just one block away from where it was stolen! He had called Beard Guitars to find out about this fine instrument and they told him the story. It was still in the D tuning I had it in from 2001 and had seemingly never been out of its gig bag!!
We met down in Beacon NY at a mutual friend's place and returned it to me. He received my heartfelt thanks and a reward for his act of great kindness and integrity. Thank you Andy!!! Miracles do happen.
Here's a shot of me playing this dobro with my wife Peggy at Caffè Lena in Saratoga Springs
- Check out the English duo My Darling Clementine
KM played Steel and Dobro with them last year when they played in Rochester NY and will be doing some more with them when they return in April. They gave KM special "thanks" in the liner notes to their latest CD
- A link to KUDZOO Magazine review of THE UNEXPLAINABLE BILLY ELI cd
Features KM playing steel and dobro. See Page 46
- A link to David Greenberger and A Strong Dog SO TOUGH cd
Features KM on lap steel, Weisenborn Hawaiian, electric, and bass guitars, dobro, chorus vocals